Health and wellness are hallmarks of West Villages lifestyle. Here, we make it easy to be active and involved, keeping your body, mind and spirit vital and healthy. Inner-connected trails, sidewalks and bike paths, make walking, running and biking a safe and inviting activity for every member of the family.
The parks and playgrounds are inviting places for people of all ages and conditions to enjoy fresh air, exercise and meeting neighbors and friends. No longer is a park just a place to sit on a bench. They are interactive spaces for fitness and fun. Three generations can enjoy the park together, with something for everyone.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital plans a strong presence in West Villages, with an urgent care facility as well as physicians’ offices and other facilities. The adjacent State College of Florida-Venice offers courses for those planning careers in health care.
West Villages Will Feature:
- Grocery store coming to West Villages Town Center
- A fitness center that will serve people throughout the area.
- Parks with fitness equipment for all ages
- Canoe & Kayak launch on the Myakka River
- Community Garden for local produce
- Social clubs and activities to promote connectivity
- Series of inter-connected Walking and Biking paths
- Lifelong learning opportunities at State College of Florida-Venice and other nearby schools and universities
- Well-lighted streets and sidewalks, providing safe places to walk, bike and run
- Swimming pools
- Farmers’ Market in nearby towns
- Pet-friendly community with paw park