We got a lot of help from the community when we broke ground on the new Atlanta Braves spring training complex in October. Getting this project started has been a collaboration of more people than we could ever possibly mention.
Here are a few of the unsung heroes of the groundbreaking event that deserve praise.
- First, another standing ovation for the choir from Taylor Ranch Elementary who sang the National Anthem for our guests.
- Thanks to the close ties between Coca-Cola and the Atlanta Braves, the group from Coca-Cola Beverages Florida came through with beverages for the thirsty crowd.
- Our friends at Caddy Carts brought a few of their high-end, super golf carts to help get our guests from the parking areas to the event tent.
- The team from Phillips and Jordan left us a few bulldozers and dump trucks as a backdrop for the groundbreaking photos.
- Sarasota Land Services got things nice and flat for us so that we could host the event safely.
- Castle Group at Island Walk helped us secure some last-minute ice for the drinks.
- Brent Greeno at Sights and Sounds AV helped us sound great in the tent during the presentations.
- And sweeping in at the last moment to help make sure the space was dry and walkable, our friends at Juniper Landscaping brought in crushed shell to give us all a great footing.
We are excited that the Atlanta Braves already are integrating into our community. The team has joined the North Port Chamber and is building out a storefront near Tamiami Trail and Sumter Boulevard where fans can get virtual tours of the stadium.
Sign up for our e-newsletter here to stay up to date on the latest on the new Spring Training facility.