West Villages Florida is attractively located minutes from Interstate 75, west of the Myakka River in south Sarasota County. This is about one hour south of Tampa Bay. We are ideally located between the urban cores of North Port and Venice.
Just 15 minutes from beautiful beaches, you can easily enjoy catching the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico or romp with your canine pal at one of the dog beaches. The Wild and Scenic Myakka River is easily accessible for kayaking or canoeing or simply enjoying a taste of old Florida.
Anything you need from unique restaurants; grocery & home improvement stores; boutique-style shopping; world-class healthcare; colleges, universities, public and private schools; multiple golf courses; employment centers; to excellent live theater and music are within minutes of your home.
The popular Sarasota-Bradenton International airport is less than 45 minutes from West Villages, making travel a breeze. All of the big city conveniences are easily within reach, yet never in the way.
Sarasota County is in the center of the Gulf Coast of Florida, approximately 60 miles south of Tampa Bay.
This is home to about 390,000 year-round residents who live here because of our attractive climate, natural beauty, strong economy, great schools, terrific arts and culture and beautiful beaches.
West Villages, as well as the cities of Venice and North Port, is in the southern part of Sarasota county, located south of the city of Sarasota.
From Interstate 75: take Exit 191, River Road, head west. Grand Palm is about 3 miles on the right. West Villages Parkway is almost 5 miles, turn right. From here you will find most of our beautiful neighborhoods. The Preserve (opening soon) is on the right. From West Villages Parkway, turn right on S. Tamiami Trail to visit IslandWalk, Gran Paradiso and Sarasota National. Turn left on S. Tamiami Trail for Renaissance and Oasis (opening soon).
From U.S. 41/S. Tamiami Trail: The neighborhoods of West Villages are easily accessible, both north and south of S. Tamiami Trail between River Road and National Boulevard, south of Jacaranda Boulevard.
A few points of pride:
- Siesta Beach named "America's Best Beach"
- Sports Events Media Group: Best Sports-Friendly Vacation Destination (2014)
- Forbes: "Best Cities for Jobs" (2013)
- MoneyRates.com named this metropolitan area "Best City for Young Entrepreneurs" (2017)
- KPMG Study: Tampa Bay Region ranks 6th in top 10 cost-friendly places for business (2014)
- Fitch Ratings: AA rating, Utility System Revenue bonds
- Standard & Poor’s: A- rating, Ad Valorem Tax bonds
- Venice named one of the Best Places to Open a Small Business
- Forbes lists Venice as one of best retirement cities
- Venice named one of the top ten happiest seaside cities by Coastal Living Magazine