Learning is a lifelong activity. We offer a variety of opportunities for people to learn and stretch themselves intellectually. From formal, for-credit classes to friendly neighborhood discussion groups, people of all ages and stages are growing and learning.
Schools are a capstone of West Villages, and the Sarasota County school district is “A” rated. A strong variety of public and private schools are located within and nearby West Villages. A kindergarten through 8th grade campus will open in the next few years to provide quality education for our young people. This school will be near the State College of Florida campus, making this an education corridor.
- K-8 public School Site
- A-Rated Sarasota County Schools
- State College of Florida-Venice within West Villages—for-credit and not-for-credit classes
- Many Classes through City of North Port
- University of South Florida – on SCF Campus
- Suncoast Technical College is opening in North Port with conference center and library
- Sarasota County Libraries: Jacaranda Public Library, Elsie Quirk Library & North Port Library nearby
- Nearly 100 Neighborhood Clubs and Groups